Notes From Her Outdoors

I love the great outdoors. There's a lot out there to keep me fascinated.

Throughout 2010 I attempted to blog every new thing I saw as it came into season, wandered past me, or was found hiding in a sneaky niche.

Now I have the task of naming all the life I recorded - life was never sweeter.

This year I'm recording the things that catch my eye. and hopefully, will catch yours too.

Wish me luck, I'm going out!

Friday 11 June 2010

Uley Millennium Green



What a lot of effort has gone into transforming this grass field/mono culture, into a hay meadow,



It's an ongoing project which will take many years.


Gerrys' brother broadcast YELLOW RATTLE seeds over the field about 3 years ago. It has parasititized the grasses, killing them off as it does so. This leaves space for wild flowers to colonize.

Here is the HALL OF FAME


  OXEYE DAISIES, RED CLOVER, BUTTERCUPS



CRANESBILL GERANIUM



SMALL TORTOISESHELL BUTTERFLY



 YELLOW FLAG ON THE EDGE OF THE STREAM



RAGGED ROBIN


Small Copper (Lycaena phlaeas)

 BUTTERFLY



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.